Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Collection: Review + Swatches

On my recent trip to New York I stopped into an Ulta for the first time in my life and I fell in love with several products right away and including the new Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Collection. I purchased two for myself and two for my cousin therefore I have Intel on four of the six lip balms in the collection.

The two colours that I purchased for myself are Berry Bomb which is the purple and Strike a Rose which is the hot pink.




There are six new Baby Lips in the Electro Collection and they retail for around $3-$4, I paid  just over $3 at Ulta. The colours in the collection are Berry Bomb - the purple, Strike a Rose - the rosy coral pink, Oh Orange- the orange, Fierce N Tangy - the yellow, Minty Sheer - the green, and Pink Shock - the hot pink. The two that I purchased are Berry Bomb and Strike a Rose, but I also bought Minty Sheer and Fierce N Tangy as a gift, so although I do not have pictures I tested them out too.

 Natural Light (No Flash)
 Natural Light (No Flash)
 

These new Baby Lips although similar to the originals have two differences that stand out the most, the first being that these Baby Lips from the Electro Collection do not contain SPF and also they are A LOT more pigmented that the originals which is what I like the most. I would describe the Electro Collection Baby Lips as the love child of the original Baby Lips and a Revlon Lip Butter.
 
 Natural Light (No Flash)
Berry Bomb-Top : Strike a Rose-Bottom
 Natural Light (No Flash)
Berry Bomb-Top : Strike a Rose-Bottom

The pigmentation of this lip balms is fantastic. Both the purple and pink are so bright, and can be worn as a tinted lip balm when sheered out or when concentrated it can become quite opaque and can have a similar effect to a Revlon Lip Butter. Berry Bomb is a light purple when swatched and Strike a Rose comes off as a rosy coral-y pink, whereas Minty Sheer and Fierce N Tangy which are green and yellow in their tubes respectivly, are very sheer and almost clear.
 

 Berry Bomb
Strike A Rose



I definatly think that these new Baby Lips are an amazing product and that they are definatly worth a try. They are pretty inexpensive and they are great for someone who is new to colour and wants to experiment, because they can be built up to obtain quite an opaque neon colour or they can be sheered out to obtain just a tint. If you have always wanted to experiment with a hot pink, purple or orange lip product I would reccomend this product to you and if you are still a little colour shy you can always try out the clear or sheer Baby Lips in this collection. Good luck and I hope you enjoy these Baby Lips as much as I did!
 

XOXO Gaborillaa ;D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment