Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Seche Vite Substitute? - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat...

I am a nail polish addict, a self confessed polishaholic, I change my nail polish very regularly, and I do tons of nail art. Therefore I want my nail polish to stay on for as long as possible and look its greatest and that responsibility lies to the TOPCOAT.

For years I have been using the Seche Vite topcoat and it is amazing, it dries your nails to the touch in seconds and it is by far the quickest drying topcoat. Also its thick and glossy so when applied to the nails it leaves a salon finish and because it is so thick when doing nail art one does not need to worry about the polish being smuged or "pulled" thus ruining the design. Overall I love Seche Vite, so you may be wondering why I would stop using this magical topcoat. Well as the old saying goes "If it looks too good to be true it probably is" and this is the case for Seche Vite. Seche Vite contains several very dangerous chemicals that can cause birth defects and reproductive harm, and I absoultly do not want these chemicals in or on my body so I have to find a substitute.

Seche Vite Topcoat

Luckily I was able to find the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat, although it is not the same as Seche Vite it works really well and I really love it.

 
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is a great topcoat, it truly does not chip like many others even after 3 days of wear there is barely any chipping and after 5 days there is minimal wear but the manicure is still wearable which is fine by me. Also this topcoat is 3 Free unlike Seche Vite which is the main reason why I wanted to switch topcoats. Lastly Sally Hansen Insta-Dri actually lives up to its name and is Insta-Dri, within minutes the polish is dry and after 35-45 minutes the polish is completly dry which means no smudging or knicks in the polish (YAYYY)



Lastly one other thing that I forgot to mention is that the Sally Hansen Topcoat is between $6-$9 Canadian depending where you buy it from and Seche Vite is a whopping $11-$12 so depending on where you go the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is almost half the price of Seche Vite!

So overall I am happy with this Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat, although my old pal Seche Vite will be greatly missed I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship!!!

What your favourite topcoat...???

XOXO Gaborillaa ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment