Sunday, August 17, 2014

Make Up For Ever Artist Palette For August 2014


Make Up For Ever Artist Palette For August 2014 - $48.00 Canadian
So I've been naughty again and picked up more makeup....now since I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus you guys have not seen all of the makeup that I've been buying lately but trust me I have quite a few new posts coming up and I am definitely a little ashamed about how much makeup I've been buying lately. Anyways when I saw Temptalia's post showing this palette I just knew I had to have it! I had been looking at the Kat Von D Monarch and Chrysalis palettes and I really wanted both, but when I saw this it reminided me of the palettes because it included a gorgeous bronzy orange monarch colour and the gorgeous purples that are similar to the ones in the Chrysalis palette; so I just knew I had to have this one! The colours all looked absolutely gorgeous and seemed to work perfectly together.

Now the palette contains 8 shades with only one of them being matte. The first 4 shades are more neutral where as the second 4 are much more vibrant and metallic. The formulation of these shadows are on point and are super pigmented and opaque. I watched Tarababyz's video where she hauled this palette and she described these shadows as being "thick" and I agree with that description. I'm not sure of another way to describe these shadows other than to say that they are thick and buttery, I absolutely love the texture. 

Left to Right: #M-536 Milk Tea, #I-524 Pinky Beige, #I-550 Olive Grey, #D-652 Celestial Earth 
Left to Right: #M-536 Milk Tea, #I-524 Pinky Beige, #I-550 Olive Grey, #D-652 Celestial Earth


Left to Right: #ME-728 Copper Red, #ME-230 Peacock Blue, #D-926 Blueberry, #ME-930 Black Purple

Right: #ME-728 Copper Red, #ME-230 Peacock Blue, #D-926 Blueberry, #ME-930 Black Purple

Make Up For Ever has recently reformulated and re-released all of there shadows and there are now 200-something new shadows if I am correct, this palette contains 8 of these new reformulated shades and if the rest of the shadows are anything like this palette then they are going to be AMAZING! These are my first ever MUFE eyeshadows and so far so good, I absolutely adore them and love the formulation. My mom owns a palette that is similar but is from a few years back and although the colours are nice I found that the formula was a little chalky which is completely different than this palette, so MUFE must have really improved on their formula.   



One thing that I really do like about MUFE is that they give you little mini brushes that are actually usable, now I wouldn't use these over my normal makeup brushes but I like them for putting shadow on your lower lash line and I would much rather receive these instead of those stupid little sponge applicators. At least someone who is new to makeup or doesn't own a whole set of brushes could use these. Anyways I am really happy with this palette and would totally reccomend it, its limited edition and is for sale on Sephora's website and in stores right now.






The pictures above were just of me testing out a few of the shades before jumping into the shower, so this look is a bit messy but I just wanted to show how these shadows preformed!!

Thanks for reading 
XOXO Gaborillaa ;D 

9 comments:

  1. Those bright colours look great on you! Looks like a cute little palette, it's such a shame Makeup Forever is so difficult to get hold of in the UK :(

    Thanks for the follow over on bloglovin', your blog is great :)

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly is such a gorgeous and well formulated palette!! And awe that sucks.... maybe you could check out Sephora online, they ship to the UK don't they???

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness the eyelook you made!! <3 <3 I'm thinking about getting the new Rouge Bunny Rouge eye palette... but if I have some money left over I think I'll give this a go ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love :* also I've never tried anything from Rouge Bunny Rouge! Hopefully you get it and review it for us haha!!! But I totally do reccomend this one for sure, its been one of my favourites in a while!

      Delete
  3. I love the left side of the palette! I had no idea MUFE made palettes like this :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really love that you can get both a glamorous neutrals look and a brighter look from this palette!! And same i'm not very big on MUFE but this palette and these shadows are GORGEOUS!!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty palette, so many amazing looks to be had from it... Love the eye look you did for this post!

    Angie || themaquillage.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its truly becoming one of my favourites, I've been using it almost every chance I've had lately!! Its really wonderful, and also thank you haha I was only playing around with the colours but decided to post the pics just because, i'm glad you like it :D

      Delete
  5. I'm having a really hard time resisting this, and your swatches didn't help >,<

    ReplyDelete